Thursday, July 12, 2012

is it winter yet?

Today, I slept. I slept a lot. After coming home from work during the heat of the day I was nearly paralyzed form the intense amounts of heat blowing at me from all directions. I think Blackjack must've preheated my apartment to 375˚F when I left this morning, and left it blazin' all day long. I still can't figure out why he did that. 

So I dragged my wilted, dehydrated body out of bed several hours later and went for a beautiful exciting run. By beautiful of course I mean it seemed like I could drink a full glass of water by leaving my mouth open for less than 30 seconds due to the rude amounts of humidity. By exiting, you could say it was exiting not knowing whether or not I was going to collapse due to heat exhaustion. OK, I am exaggerating here.

I came back to my sweltering apartment and knew if I turned on my oven, the building would probably spontaneously combust. SO I made cold food:


Round up some nori wraps (or collard or any type of greens), alfalfa sprouts, avocado, cucumber, carrot, green/red cabbage, any type of pepper. 

Cut 'em up! Smash up that avocado.

Since you're probably starved at this point, slap all those veggies onto the nori and then just try to wrap it up like a burrito. This part might be hard if you like to rush when you cook like me.


Done- whew! That was fast. When you roll up the nori, dip your finger into some water and use it like a glue to seal the nori together. I dipped my finished wrap into soy sauce.

I guess now I can go back to bed. 

1 comment:

Followers